Justransform provides best practices for Integration Program Management leveraging a proven methodology that optimizes the usage of people, process, and technology
EDI Integration Programs take on all shapes and sizes, but a robust B2B Program Management Life Cycle Methodology can increase onboarding velocity and increase time to value. To accomplish this goal, Justransform Services offering focuses on two tracks, each with multiple phases, that can be executed in parallel vs. traditional serialized waterfall processes.
Track 1 – Onboard Scope Definition and Enterprise Integration
- During these two phases of this track, the onboarding planning of the trading network is defined, capabilities assessed and the backend integration of the business process is implemented
Track 2- Onboarding Execution – Plan, Build, and Deploy
- During the three phases of this track, the onboarding planning of the trading network is baselined, and execution elements developed, tested, and delivered.
Onboarding Program Lifecycle
Onboarding Scope Definition
During this phase, the goal is set the Enterprise business and technical readiness for process integration onboarding and assess gaps
What capabilities need to be delivered to achieve optimal results?
- Requires assessment of trading ecosystem capabilities
- What electronic processes can the trading participants support and what are there preferred trading mechanisms
Gather the Trading Network Business and Technical Capabilities via Partner Outreach and Capability Assessment
Develop initial plan. Baseline plan to be locked during Onboarding Plan phase
Trading Partner Readiness
- When can they get started?
- Are there any resource constraints?
- What is required to slot and commit resources and effort to the onboarding effort
- Are there any Commercial contracts that need to be completed and/or validated prior to onboarding commit
If gaps identified, develop mitigation plan
- Ex..Raw data integration, mobile integration, web portal integration (Additional fees may be required to support these)
- Develop High Level Ramp Plan for Onboarding
Enterprise Integration Solution Build
The primary purpose of this phase is to create the interconnect between the Enterprise Application (SaaS or On-Premise) and perform systems integration testing (SIT) for the process level execution required to support the business and technical requirements.
- Justransform to develop the map specifications using the Enterprise Application solution interfaces (e.g. web services, database, message queuing).
- Once map specifications are completed, Justransform will complete the Message Mappings for each required message and unit test each mapping
- Once all maps are unit tested, Justransform will perform E2E Systems Integration Scenario testing.
- Ex. _ Assuming TMS Integration Scenario
- Create Tender Offer, review EDI Output
- Inject Tender Response, review Tender Response in TMS
- Simulate Acceptance Tender Response
- Simulate a Decline Tender Response
- Inject Pickup, In-Transit, and POD Shipment Status, review Status in TMS
- Inject Freight Invoice, review Status in TMS
- Update Message Implementation Guides as needed (e.g. Shipment Status milestones, Freight codes, etc..) for required message guides across nodes.
Onboarding Planning Phase
During this phase, the goal is confirm the onboarding scope and baseline the onboarding plan. (Ex. Network Profile (Name and number of EDI partners, API partners, other, etc..)
- Confirm solution interlock with the trading partner(s) for onboarding
- Send all parties that will participate in an onboarding kickoff notifications to set expectations and milestones for the onboarding project
- Obtain API guidelines from API based Integrations
- Submit or Receive EDI Message Guidelines with sample EDI transactions for EDI based Trading Partners (Note.. There may be dependency on Enterprise Application Solution Build phase completion and Message Guides Baselined)
- Obtain Connectivity Details and Begin Setup
- Tenant defines core UAT scenarios required for sign-off
- Enterprise Application Integration is a Pre-Requisite of this gate entry to ensure completion.
Onboarding Development Phase
Completion of EDI, API, Raw Data, WebEDI Connectivity Provisioning completed during this phase during this phase
- Trading Partner EDI mapping to Tenant EDI requirements is completed during this phase
- If applicable, development between Enterprise Application and trading partner API endpoints completed during this phase
- If Applicable, raw Data Mapping and/or or WebEDI connectivity provisioned during this phase
- UAT (User Acceptance Testing) – Tenant will execute a series of formal tests with the partner before providing approval to move the partner to production
- Any bugs or defects will be addressed during this phase
- EDI Message Guide and Map updates are completed during this phase, if necessary
- Tenant, Justransform, and Trading Partner(s) will initiate there change management process to support go-live
- Production Release date set
The Deploy phase is when the Trading Partner(s) is moved to production
- The Tenant is introduced to the Justransform Global Support team Process and technical contacts enabled to receive support
- Justransform provides training overview of the network console guide used to review and troubleshoot transactions flowing through the platform
- Following Promotion to Production is the Hyper Care phase